This is my new political party, called the American Individualist Party. Those of you who embrace free-market capitalism, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the Constitution might take very positively to this.
The basic tenets of the AI Party are these:
- People want to be independent and individual.
- The only unit as centrally important to society is the family, which should function as an individual.
- One state is individual and no federal government should interfere unless a disaster or emergency
The aim of this new Party is to dissolve all socialist, group-type thought patterns except these two:
- All citizens are Americans before any other race or ethnicity.
- Judeo-Christian values are those which create the foundation of our society, and while they are not our only values because each person's value system varies, we should adhere to them at least loosely.
- However, religion-based laws should only undergo implementation when they don't infringe on the individual, especially at the federal level.
The goals of the Party are as follows:
- Take a strong stand against American socialism. Stand against national healthcare, compulsory public schooling, and social security; replace all three when possible with local government and/or privatized programs, because we know local-level government and private sector operation have always, do now, and will always work more efficiently.
- Strip all government programs of benefits and detriments based upon race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, or any other group thought. Ensure a level playing field not for groups but for individuals. If states, counties, or cities want to keep this going, leave it up to them.
- Repeal the Sixteenth Amendment, which states that the Imperial Government has the power to levy an income tax, and replace it with a Twenty-Eighth Amendment that states that the Government has NO power to levy an income tax. This should be a national sales tax with a safety net and rehabilitation program (of course, the private sector should take over) for the poorest 5% of people.
- Write another amendment that states that all laws infringing on right to life (abortion, death penalty, etc.), liberty (PATRIOT Act, wiretapping, taxation of Wall Street, etc.), and property (eminent domain, property taxes) must be repealed, and all future action that seeks to implement any sort of law infringing on these three basic rights at the federal level should be made illegal.
The Iraq War was not necessarily wrong so much as it was unnecessary. However, as individuals, we must band together to support the effort until it is over, at which point we should assess the legality of the war.
Marriage as a whole should not be altered in any way by the federal government. It is a county and state issue, not a federal one.
Illegal immigration is wrong and should end immediately.